Students with eligibility for the Post-9/11 GI Bill are able to use their benefits while attending The University of Queensland by following the application steps below.
How to apply
- Apply online for your Veterans Benefits through the Veteran Online Application.
- Review our list of approved programs below. If your program does not appear on the list, contact UQ’s Financial Aid Office by writing email@example.com. UQ will submit an application to the Department of Veterans Affairs for program approval.
- Register for courses. UQ is unable to certify your enrolment with the VA until you have selected your courses.
- Once you have finalised your registration in each semester, contact UQ’s Financial Aid Office by writing firstname.lastname@example.org. UQ will then certify your enrolment for the upcoming semester with the US Department of Veterans Affairs. Please note, students are responsible for initiating the enrolment verification with the Financial Aid office each Semester.
- When your VA funding arrives to UQ, funds will be applied to your tuition account. Any remaining balance after your tuition is paid will then be disbursed to your bank account. To provide UQ with your bank deposit information, please complete the Bank Deposit Form (PDF, 201KB).
If your program does not appear below please contact the Financial Aid Office and we can submit an application to the US Department of Veterans Affairs on your behalf.
Programs can only be submitted to the VA for approval when a student with VA Benefit eligibility has expressed their interest in enrolling in that program.
More information on the G.I. Bill and its eligibility requirements can be found at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
See something that needs editing? Let us know.