Drug discovery: from bench to bedside
A masterclass to kickstart your career in pharmaceutical practice.
Have you ever wondered what’s involved in taking a drug or vaccine to market? By 2025 the global medicine technologies and pharmaceutical (MTP) sector is expected to have grown to $3 trillion – nearly twice the size of Australia’s GDP.
In this masterclass, Associate Professor Peter Cabot will illuminate the drug discovery life cycle – exploring how need drives the discovery process and the science involved from pre-clinical development through to post-registration surveillance.
Learn more about the scope of the MTP sector and discover how you can kick-start your career in the pharmaceutical industry with UQ’s Master of Pharmaceutical Industry Practice.
- Seminar by pharmaceutical expert Associate Professor Peter Cabot
- Live Q&A on the drug and vaccine life cycle development
- Introduction to the Master of Pharmaceutical Industry Practice, UQ’s gateway to careers in drug and medical device development and practice in the pharmaceutical industry
Who should attend
- Current university students
- University graduates
- Anyone interested in vaccine or drug development
Peter Cabot is an Associate Professor in the UQ School of Pharmacy and Director of the Master of Pharmaceutical Industry Practice for the School. Peter’s primary research interests include pain in inflammatory diseases, opioids in inflammation and natural products drug discovery.