Experience Marine Biology
Join us on campus to experience science at UQ.
Attend an interactive lecture on marine biology, participate in an immersive marine zoology activity, and learn about the diverse range of careers that await you after you complete a Bachelor of Science at UQ.
- Mini-lecture on marine park management and conservation by Associate Professor Ian Tibbetts – this lecture will cover content relevant to Unit 4 of the new senior Marine Science syllabus
- Hands-on marine zoology laboratory activity with Dr Gurion Ang and tutors: building practical skills in interpreting cladograms – which relates to subject matter in Unit 3 of the new senior Biology syllabus
- Information session on the Bachelor of Science program at UQ and pathways to studying marine biology or coastal and ocean science
- Meet current staff and students
Who can attend
- Domestic or international future students aged 15 or over
- Mature-aged students
- Parents and guardians
- Careers advisors
- Teachers and principals.
COVID-19 planning: As part of our commitment to health and safety, we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely. We are following all advice from Queensland Health and the Australian Government and if restrictions tighten we may move this event online. We will provide updates and look forward to welcoming you to the event.
Preview the experience
Watch the video to find out more about the Experience Marine Biology event: