Experience Marine Biology
Are you ready for a deep dive into all things marine?
Australia boasts more maritime territory than land, and marine industries contribute substantially to Australia's economy. Our unique group of researchers work on all aspects of marine biology, from the cellular and genetic to the ecosystem level, on marine ecosystems from the equator to the poles, and over timespans of days to millions of years.
Attend class as if you were at university, and learn about the diverse range of careers in marine biology, and coastal and ocean science that await you after you complete a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) at UQ.
- Mini-lecture on marine protected areas by Associate Professor Ian Tibbetts
- Hands-on practical activity on marine zoology by Dr Gurion Ang
- Information session on pathways to studying marine biology and coastal and ocean science
- Meet current staff and students.
Who can attend
- Anyone aged 15 years or over interested in studying marine biology or coastal and ocean science (domestic or international)
- Mature-aged students
- Parents and guardians
- Career advisors
- Teachers and principals.