Future Experiences in Agriculture, Science and Technology (FEAST)
FEAST is a 4-day residential program that inspires Year 11 and 12 students to pursue study in agriculture, animal and plant science.
You’ll explore agriculture, animal and plant science at our Gatton campus and test drive what it’s like to be a UQ student by taking part in hands-on workshops run by current students and staff.
During the day you’ll explore some of the biggest challenges faced by scientists, including climate change, biosecurity, feeding the world and protecting endangered wildlife. In the evenings you’ll get a taste of life at UQ’s Halls of Residence and take part in social and sporting activities.
Start: Sunday 27 June, 2pm
End: Wednesday 30 June, 2pm
Location: Gatton campus
- Explore plant, animal and agriculture science disciplines through hands-on activities and workshops
- Meet UQ students and staff and other like-minded attendees
- Experience life in the UQ Halls of Residence for 3 nights while you take part in social and sporting activities and attend a semi-formal dinner and disco.
Who can attend
- Domestic Year 11 or 12 students
- International students at a study level equivalent to Australian Year 11 or 12.
The cost to attend is A$495 (including GST). This covers:
- 3 nights' accommodation on campus in the UQ Halls of Residence (all linen and bedding provided)
- buffet meals from Sunday night to Wednesday lunch
- all program activities and bus tours.
You'll need to organise your own travel to and from the event.
A glimpse into FEAST
Watch the video to find out more about the program:
How to apply
Complete the online application form to apply.
Applications close 19 April 2021.