LLM information and networking evening
Learn about the wide range of practitioner-focused courses offered in the LLM and enjoy networking with alumni, peers and your future teachers, including leading practitioners and academics.
- Find out what you need to know about the LLM, including part-time study and flexible delivery options, plus how you can customise your course list to suit your specialty.
- Enjoy refreshments while course presenters pitch some of the top courses offered in 2022 for practitioners. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions during the information session and networking.
- Grow your professional network – meet your future teachers, alumni and other members of the profession.
- Join your peers for drinks and canapés on the River Terrace overlooking the Brisbane River.
Who should attend
- Legal practitioners
- LLB graduates.
As an LLM student, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with teachers in a collaborative learning environment, so why not meet them sooner?
You will be joined on the evening by accomplished industry leaders and academics who teach into the program, including:
- Anne-Marie Rice, Executive Director of Dispute Resolution, solicitor and accredited family law specialist
- Professor Craig Forrest, Director of the UQ Marine and Shipping Law Unit
- Adjunct Professor John McKenna QC
- Adjunct Professor Jonathan Fulcher, Partner at HopgoodGanim Lawyers
- Professor John Swinson
- Professor Peter Billings, Director of UQ Law Postgraduate Programs
- Professor Rick Bigwood, Acting Academic Dean and Head of School
- Samuel Walpole, Barrister
- Associate Professor Sarah Jane Kelly.