Queensland Biology Summer School
The inaugural multi-day UQ Queensland Biology Summer School (QBSS) will provide you with a deep dive into contemporary topics in ecology, conservation biology, plant science, and zoology.
- Live and breathe biology: explore contemporary topics in biology including ecology, conservation biology, systematics, environmental management, plant science, zoology and quantitative biology (aligned with subject matter in the QCE and IB Biology syllabuses) through interactive lectures, practicals, and tutorials.
- Gain scientific skills in literacy, communication, collection and analysis of biological data (useful skills for QCE Internal Assessment 2: Student Experiment and IB Extended Essay).
- Study with biologists who are passionate about their subject – from leading researchers to teaching specialists, and current students at the start of their research careers, all eager to share their knowledge and enthusiasm with you.
- Make friends with students from around the state and discover how much fun it is to be around people who love biology.
Students commencing Year 11 or 12 in 2022 who have chosen to study QCE Biology or IB Biology.
Applications are now open. You'll need to complete an online application form and support your application by including:
- a letter of recommendation from your biology teacher
- a copy of your most recent report card
- a personal statement about why you are interested in attending QBSS, and how this might support your learning beyond high school.
Applications close 1 October 2021.
- QBSS is a multi-day non-residential school. It is held at UQ St Lucia from 9am–5pm. The UQ Accommodation website provides options for students and their parent coming from outside the Brisbane region.
- The cost of QBSS is $187 (GST inclusive), which includes a limited edition QBSS 2022 T-shirt.
For more information, email Science at email@example.com.