Queensland Biology Winter School
The inaugural multi-day UQ Queensland Biology Winter School (QBWS) will provide you with a deep dive into contemporary topics in genetics and evolution.
- Live and breathe biology: explore contemporary topics in biology including genetics, phylogenetics, plant science, evolutionary biology, and quantitative biology (aligned with subject matter in the QCE and IB Biology syllabuses) through interactive lectures, practicals, and tutorials.
- Gain scientific skills in literacy, communication, and analysis of biological data (useful skills for QCE Internal Assessment 3: Research Investigation and IB Extended Essay).
- Study with biologists who are passionate about their subject – from leading researchers to teaching specialists, and current students at the start of their research careers, all eager to share their knowledge and enthusiasm with you.
- Make friends with other students from around the state and discover how much fun it is to be around people who love biology.
Students commencing Year 11 or 12 who are currently studying QCE Biology or IB Biology.
You'll need to complete an online application form and support your application by including:
- a letter of recommendation from your biology teacher
- a copy of your most recent report card
- a personal statement about why you are interested in attending QBWS, and how this might support your learning beyond high school.
Applications close 20 May 2021.
- QBWS is a multi-day non-residential school. It is held at UQ St Lucia from 9am to 5pm. The UQ Accommodation website provides options for students and parents coming from outside the Brisbane region.
- The cost of QBWS is $110 (GST inclusive).
For more information, email Science at firstname.lastname@example.org.