UQ Medicine Information Evening
Attend our information session either online or in person to learn about studying medicine at UQ.
Hear from leading medical experts, UQ alumni and current students on the changing medical climate, how to apply for medicine at UQ, and tips for success.
- Explore the current climate and magnitude of medicine with the Medical Dean Professor Stuart Carney
- Learn how to apply for UQ Medicine with Professor Kirsty Foster
- Hear from neurosurgeon, Associate Professor Wendy Findlay, on her journey through medicine
- Get advice from recent graduates and current students
- Participate in an interactive Q&A panel.
Who should attend
- High school students in Year 12
- Parents and guardians.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we have strict capacity limits for the in-person event. If you register to attend the in-person event after capacity has been reached, you'll be registered to attend the event online via the live stream.
Thinking about a rural placement?
If you're considering completing part of your medical program in a rural area, you can also attend a virtual Q&A session with our Rural Clinical School on Wednesday 28 April, 6–7.30pm.
Hear from current students about their rural experience studying medicine, as well as the local teams who deliver the program in the heart of Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Hervey Bay and Toowoomba.