Young Leaders Conference
Igniting passion for leadership and academic achievement.
Explore your future career and study options early with UQ.
The 2020 Young Leaders Conference presents Year 11 students with a unique and exciting opportunity for academic extension and enrichment.
In this one-day conference at our St Lucia campus, you’ll:
- discover a variety of different career options
- enhance your employability skills
- gain valuable insights into university life and studying at UQ.
- Networking and support from current UQ students
- Early familiarisation with university
- Information sessions and hands-on experiences covering many interesting study and related career possibilities
- Opportunities for professional development
- Early information on new programs, scholarship opportunities and future events
- Hear from a range of inspirational speakers and thought leaders
- Engage in discussions and collaborative forums in group settings.
This is a one-day conference. To maintain COVID-19 social distancing requirements, attendee numbers will be divided between 2 days with similar schedules.
If you're selected, you'll need to attend on one of:
- Monday, 30 November 2020, or
- Tuesday, 1 December 2020.
The conference is $110 for the day.
To be accepted into this program you must:
- be a current Queensland Year 11 student
- demonstrate you receive B minimum average grades
- be able to attend either of the dates (you will only be required to attend one day).
How to apply
Applications are now open and places are limited.
You need to submit your application online by 5pm (AEST) on Friday, 9 October 2020.
When you apply, you must submit all required supporting documents, including:
- consent from a parent or guardian
- your Semester 1, 2020 report card.
Applications submitted without all required documentation will not be considered.
To ensure diversity within the conference, we may limit the number of students selected from each school (depending on application numbers).
- Workshop facilitators will have sufficient room to maintain 1.5m distance between themselves and students to ensure social distancing requirements.
- Students will be provided with adequate hand sanitiser available in activities, with all benches, tables and computer equipment to be cleaned with disinfectant before and after each activity.
- We ask that anyone feeling unwell to not attend the activities and isolate immediately. Parents/guardians will be notified immediately and asked to collect their child.
- Facilitators will remind all participants of hygiene practices while in session.
COVID-19 planning: As part of our commitment to health and safety, we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely. We are following all advice from Queensland Health and the Australian Government and if restrictions tighten we may move this event online. We will provide updates and look forward to welcoming you to the event.
For further information or assistance, contact the Young Scholars Program Coordinator:
- Phone: 07 3365 2835
- Email: email@example.com