1. Choose your course

If you’re currently enrolled at another Australian university and would like to complete a UQ course for credit towards your degree, you can apply to study as a cross-institutional student.

Cross-institutional study allows you to attend lectures and tutorials in courses not offered at your home university. You will be assessed and examined with other UQ students but you are not enrolled in a UQ award program. It's a great way to expand your learning.

Start your journey to create change

Find a course that's right for you

We offer a broad range of fields of study for you to choose from, with almost all UQ courses available for cross-institutional enrolment.

To apply to be a cross-institutional student, you need approval from your home university. This will ensure you get credit for your UQ studies towards your degree.

See something that needs editing? Let us know.

See something that needs editing? Let us know.

Dictionary of UQ Terminology

What does that mean?

When you come to university you will hear a lot of new terms: here is an explanation of some of them.

Dictionary of UQ Terminology

Learn to see the potential of the world. Gain the knowledge to make it better.

Need help button