Are you ready to leap into study but are worried that it might be challenging to do it online?
UQ is here to support you to succeed along every step of your academic journey, from providing study help to social support and resources to keep you healthy and well.
See the many support networks we have available, and hear from our students to learn how UQ is enabling them to have the best study experience possible.
Rico from Hong Kong says that although he is studying at home, he does not feel alone.
Watch on Youku
Academic and study support
We have a range of resources available to help you achieve your academic goals.
- How to study online has tips to help you study from home, prepare your online study set-up, plan your study and build your digital skills.
- UQ’s Library Services for students allow you to access your course readings, get help with assignment essentials, and access training to upgrade your digital, software and research skills.
- Student Life runs a range of workshops and sessions on writing assignments, improving your memory, presentation skills, time management, academic language and more.
- Our AskUs service is available online or by phone for IT and technical support.
- Depending on your program, your faculty will provide extra support such as live chat or Zoom sessions with academic advisers, individual consultations or online community events and careers advice.
- The Institute of Continuing & TESOL Education (ICTE) has a range of free online activities to help you improve your English language skills, connect with other students at ICTE and UQ and learn more about Australian culture and history.
- Eligible students are able to borrow a laptop for up to 12 weeks from UQ Library.
When everyone converted to online learning, Shilpi needed a laptop to use at home. She was able to borrow a laptop from UQ’s Library Service to help her through her studies.
Watch on Youku
Support for your social life
We've also got a range of networks designed to connect you with others.
- UQLife Virtual Village brings your everyday connections into one platform. Network with UQ staff and students, meet a mentor and attend virtual gatherings, workshops, events and more.
- Get your creative juices flowing with Homemade, which streams arts and crafts workshops each week.
- Find a UQ event to get involved and join in on webinars, careers events and more.
Kaustubh from India received a hardship grocery hamper and says he appreciates the efforts UQ has made to keep students happy and motivated.
Watch on Youku
Helping you stay healthy
Our health and fitness resources can keep you healthy and help you thrive inside and out.
- UQ Sport posts recipe ideas so you can channel your inner MasterChef and cook healthy, delicious meals at home.
- Keep fit and energised with free virtual workouts hosted by UQ Sport. Enjoy HIIT, boot camp, pilates and more without having to leave the house.
- UQ Life is hosting Beginner Grooves, with live dance classes held three times a week on Instagram. They're also uploaded to the UQ Life website, so you’ll never miss a beat.
- We offer workshops and sessions to help you calm your mind with meditation, mindfulness yoga and art therapy.
Extra support when you need it
If you're facing any challenges while you study, we're here to help.
Support for the UQ community
We can help you use your skills, knowledge and community spirit to help others.
- Our mentoring programs allow you to connect with peers, get involved and support others by becoming a mentor.
- You can contribute to the community and build your skills and networks through volunteering.
- Some courses offer Peer Assisted Study Sessions, which allow top performing second and third-year students to help others who are taking a course they've previously completed.
Australian cricketer David Warner thanks Shreyas from India for his community outreach during COVID-19.