Cultivate innovative solutions to enhance the sustainability, productivity and profitability of the global agricultural industry.
Study agricultural biotechnology and undertake advanced-level study in areas including plant and food science, biochemistry, plant and animal molecular biology and genetics.
Learn how to genetically engineer crops or livestock animals to enhance nutritional value, reduce susceptibility to disease, improve sustainability and enable them to thrive in hostile environments.
Access world-class research facilities to learn how gene editing, recombinant DNA technology, bioinformatics, artificial intelligence and point-of-care disease diagnostics can address issues such as food security, climate change and sustainability.
Specialising in agricultural biotechnology can open up a vast array of career opportunities within:
- agriculture and food manufacturing (plant breeding, engineering, cropping and horticulture)
- animal health industries (vaccine development)
- genetic improvement and breeding (plant and livestock)
- government bodies, including those associated with quarantine and agriculture
- primary industries or government departments
- agricultural advisory boards.
You'll also be well-placed to continue into a research-based honours or master's degree and establish the foundations for a rewarding career in research.