The Master of Engineering Science (Civil Engineering) provides options for in-depth study in the broad engineering fields of structural, water and environmental, geotechnical and transportation engineering.
The program enables students to advance their existing civil engineering knowledge and skills through practice-focused and advanced technical courses coupled with experiential learning experiences. Students will also be able to work directly and intensively with academic mentors through a research project in their final year.
- Advanced environmental monitoring techniques
- Physical and numerical modelling of environmental fluid mechanics
- Advanced sustainable built environment
- Ground Improvement and remediation technologies
- Dam and embankment engineering
- Underground structures, modelling and support design
- Advanced concrete structures and concrete technology
- Design of composite structures
- Computational methods for design optimisation
- Spatial and quantitative methods for transport data analytics
- Advanced transport models for strategic transport planning
- Traffic simulation: Methods and applications
- Structural fire engineering