Junior Physics Odyssey
Do you have a passion for physics?
Hear from our researchers, meet with current students and explore diverse topics in physics in the Junior Physics Odyssey (JPhO).
In this two-day program for Year 10 students, you'll meet like-minded people while participating in an exciting range of hands-on physics experiments and workshops.
- Learn important principles of physics, preparing you for senior physics
- Tour our state-of-the-art research centres
- Talk with current UQ students about study options and university life
- Meet people with similar interests to you
- Hear from UQ researchers on topics such as quantum physics, special relativity and cosmology.
Who can attend
- Domestic or international future students currently in Year 10.
How to apply
If you're interested in attending, you'll need to submit the following documents with your online application by 5pm (AEST) on 1 September 2020:
- a copy of your most recent report card
- a letter of recommendation from your mathematics or science teacher.
Please note places are limited.
COVID-19 planning: As part of our commitment to health and safety, we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely. We are following all advice from Queensland Health and the Australian Government and if restrictions tighten we may move this event online. We will provide updates and look forward to welcoming you to the event.